Rattlebox ("Rattlebox") recognizes that its customers, visitors, users, and others who use www.Rattlebox.com or other web sites owned or operated by Rattlebox (the "Rattlebox Sites") (collectively or individually "Users") value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected on the Rattlebox Sites. Rattlebox provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using the Rattlebox Sites.
Please note that any video, image, text or other content created by or added by Users onto content from the Rattlebox Sites is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Privacy Notice.
The Information Rattlebox Collects
1. User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to Rattlebox when choosing to participate in various activities on the Rattlebox Sites such as sending an e-card.
2. Log File Information: When you use the Rattlebox Sites, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and possibly one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
3. Clear GIFs Information: When you use the Rattlebox Sites, we may employ "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
The Way Rattlebox Uses Information
1. If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Rattlebox Sites, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Rattlebox Sites.
2. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in e-cards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your name and your email address are displayed to other Users to whom you send messages through the Rattlebox Sites.
3. We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Rattlebox Site changes or for customer service purposes).
4. We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Rattlebox Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
5. We may use clear gifs and log file information to: (a) provide custom, personalized content and information; (b) monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; (c) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.; and (d) track your entries, submissions, and status in promotions, sweepstakes, and contests.
When Rattlebox Discloses Information
2. We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
3. We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, gender, age, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Rattlebox Sites.
4. We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Rattlebox Sites, in which case Rattlebox may not be able to provide certain services to you.
Please contact Rattlebox with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, your consent, or your opt-in or opt-out choices by emailing to email@example.com.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
Rattlebox does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks Rattlebox to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain categories of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the Rattlebox Sites, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
Our Commitment To Data Security
Rattlebox uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Rattlebox and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Rattlebox makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Our Commitment To Childrens' Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Rattlebox does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the Rattlebox Sites from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Rattlebox Sites at any time or in any manner. If Rattlebox learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Rattlebox Sites without verified parental consent, then Rattlebox will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Special Note to International Users
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that Rattlebox is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Changes and updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the "date last modified" below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of the Rattlebox Sites constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
Date Last Modified:
This Privacy Notice was last modified December 13, 2007.
Please contact Rattlebox with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IT’S FAST AND EASY! To send your gift card, just select your Rattlebox card and then choose the "send with a gift card" option - you'll customize your card as usual, and be prompted step-by-step through the gift card purchase.
Your recipient can then redeem their gift card with the retailers of their choice.
LOTS OF RETAILERS TO CHOOSE FROM!